10×12 Shed Plans You Can Build This Week
A 10×12 is a good basic shed design for storing yard work and gardening tools. It’s big enough that you can fit riding lawnmowers or an ATV in it, but it’s not so big that it’ll detract from your landscaping by dominating your space. You can buy a pre-fab shed and put it together if you want. But that’s really expensive and, of course, your shed’s appearance will be limited by what the market has to offer.
Tackling this project on your own is a good option for customizing your shed. Plus, it’s a lot of fun to build. We found some shed plans for you, as well as a couple of instructional videos in case you learn better from watching. We also found some repositories where you can purchase plans. Spend a little money and get a ton of useful, fun shed plans.
1. Schoolhouse Storage Shed Plan from The Family Handyman
If you’re going to build your own shed, you might as well take it as far as you can by doing something truly memorable. This old-timey schoolhouse design from Family Handyman will stand out in your landscaping while providing you the space to store tools and lawnmowers. It’s also a really good idea if you want to build a nice clubhouse for the kids.
2. 10×12 Gable Shed Plan from Construct 101
This is another perfect shed for storing tools or for providing the kids with a place to get away from adults on a warm, rainy day. The plans from Construct 101 include a detailed blueprint of the floor and walls and instructions on how to put it all together. It also comes with a downloadable PDF that will tell you how to assemble it and what to buy.
3. 10×12 Shed Plan from My Outdoor Plans
This simple wood shed offers a great rustic, but still polished appearance that would look great nestled in among some pine trees. It’s got wide front doors for storing riding lawn mowers and space up top for a loft. The plans from My Outdoor Plans offer step-by-step instructions on building and a shopping list so you can get everything in one trip.
4. Build Your Own Shed YouTube Series from Sean R.
YouTuber Sean R. has put together a detailed, multi-video lesson in how to build a 10×12 shed. It’s highly recommended that you work in steps based on each video and get everything you need ahead of time so that you don’t lose pace. In the end, if you learn better by watching than reading, you’ll wind up with a great backyard shed.
5. 12,000 Shed Plans from Ryan Shed Plans
If you want a lot more variety than what is available on the Internet, you can spend a little money upfront and get yourself thousands of shed plans from Ryan Shed Plans. You’ll find more than just 10×12 sheds here, so if you’re not dead set on those dimensions you might wind up selecting a plan with a different size.
6. 10×12 Storage Shed Plan from Shed King
On the other hand, if you really just want a 10×12 shed, you can pay money to download plans from Shed King. They come in enough variety that it might be worth exploring some customization options, especially since no one wants their yard to look like everyone else’s. These plans come in a downloadable PDF so that you can follow along like it’s a set of IKEA instructions.
7. 10×12 Traditional Garden Shed Plans from iCreatables
You can find a few videos from iCreatables on how to build your own garden shed, or you can pay a little money and download a bunch of plans to give yourself several different options. Considering that you’ll eventually lay out a few hundred bucks for a shed, it’s probably not that bad of an investment to make.
8. 10×12 Storage Shed Construction Plans and Blueprints from Shed Construction Plans
If you aren’t satisfied with the plans you find on the Internet, you can pay to download them from Shed Construction Plans. This is a middle option between the other pay-to-download plans. We like the way they’ve detailed each component you’ll need to build along the way, which guarantees a solid construction that will last a long time.
9. 10×12 Backyard Storage Shed with Porch Plans & Blueprints from Shed Drafts
If you are interested in a 10×12 shed that can double as a relaxing lounge area, then you will be interested in the 10×12 Backyard Storage Shed With Porch Plans & Blueprints from Shed Drafts. This shed plan includes everything you could need or want, including full construction steps and helpful graphics, ensuring that you get it right the first time with little to no excess effort.
10. 10×12 DIY Shed from MoridinCP
This 10×12 DIY Shed from MoridinCP on Imgur is super simple, attractive, and easy to make. This slanted roof design makes the shed look unique and prevents against water damage, yet the basic size allows the shed to fit in even the smallest of backyard areas. MoridinCP offers a description of the project, and even offers helpful tips that allowed them to finish the project in a timely manner.
11. 10×12 Lean To Shed Plans from Construct 101
The 10×12 Lean To Shed Plans from Construction 101 is another attractive, yet simple 10×12 shed plan. Construction 101 offers a free, detailed blueprint of the shed, as well as provides helpful graphics for every step. If you aren’t sold on this plan exactly, then Construction 101 has a plethora of other options for you to choose from.
12. 10×12 Lean To Shed Plans from Garden Plans Free
Garden Plans Free offers detailed directions and blueprints for this simple 10×12 Lean To Shed Plans. This design maximizes the space in both your yard and storage shed, as well as includes wide doors and a bright window. Garden Plans Free offers written materials and tools, as well as a video of the construction, which is a great addition for visual learners.
13. 10×12 Barn Shed Plans from Construct 101
For a more rustic design, you may want to consider the 10×12 Barn Shed Plans from Construct 101. With these plans, you will get complete directions and graphics for all aspects of this barn design, which is classic looking and easy to make. Construct 101 even offers additional plans at the bottom of the page if you’re looking for other ideas as well.
14. 10×12 Gable Shed with Porch Roof Plans from My Outdoor Plans
My Outdoor Plans offers an easy to follow blueprint with graphics for this 10×12 Gable Shed With Porch Roof Plans. These blueprints are a great choice if you want a shed that is both functional and attractive. The inside maximizes space, while the outside provides shade and sitting area for backyards that are smaller or don’t have a porch area.
15. 10×12 Modern Work Shed from AdventuresInDIY
If you want a comprehensive guide to building a modern and unique work shed, then you should check out the 10×12 Modern Work Shed by AdventuresInDIY. AdventuresInDIY offers a 13-part video and written guide on how to create this unique shed. Each article and video covers an integral part of the shed, making it easy to find whatever information you need based on where you are in the project.
- 1. Schoolhouse Storage Shed Plan from The Family Handyman
- 2. 10×12 Gable Shed Plan from Construct 101
- 3. 10×12 Shed Plan from My Outdoor Plans
- 4. Build Your Own Shed YouTube Series from Sean R.
- 5. 12,000 Shed Plans from Ryan Shed Plans
- 6. 10×12 Storage Shed Plan from Shed King
- 7. 10×12 Traditional Garden Shed Plans from iCreatables
- 8. 10×12 Storage Shed Construction Plans and Blueprints from Shed Construction Plans
- 9. 10×12 Backyard Storage Shed with Porch Plans & Blueprints from Shed Drafts
- 10. 10×12 DIY Shed from MoridinCP
- 11. 10×12 Lean To Shed Plans from Construct 101
- 12. 10×12 Lean To Shed Plans from Garden Plans Free
- 13. 10×12 Barn Shed Plans from Construct 101
- 14. 10×12 Gable Shed with Porch Roof Plans from My Outdoor Plans
- 15. 10×12 Modern Work Shed from AdventuresInDIY