5 Best Paint Sprayers for House Exterior 2020 – Reviews & Guide
If you’ve stumbled across this article then you’re more than likely looking for a good quality paint sprayer for your house exterior, with the thousands of reviews online it’s no surprise you need some well-balanced advice on the best ones to choose. It can be confusing looking through pages and websites that all claim different aspects of certain models are good or bad. That’s why we have compiled a list of the best 5 paint sprayers for house exterior and listed their pros and cons. We have also included a buying guide to help you out when you’re choosing a certain model. Essentially, we have done all the hard work for you and put together all the most important in-depth reviews in one place to help you make that decision once and for all. Shopping for a new gadget shouldn’t have to be stressful, and it doesn’t have to be if you know what you want and what you require.
A Quick Glance at our 2020 Favorites
|Best Overall||Graco Magnum X7||
|Graco Magnum X5||
|Best Value||VonHaus Electric HVLP||
|HomeRight Power Flo Pro 2800||
The 5 Best Paint Sprayers for House Exterior
1. Graco Magnum X7 Paint Sprayer – Best Overall
Specially designed for the times when a roller and paintbrush just won’t do, the Graco Magnum 262805 X7 is the best exterior paint sprayer available on the market right now. It has a lightweight and is relatively compact and small, whilst also being able to hold a lot of paint. You can buy many different extras to add to this paint sprayer which makes it extremely versatile and easy to work with. Despite looking quite daunting to use for the first time, the manual guide available with the model is easy to understand and users will get the ultimate experience even if they’re not a professional. Everyone wants a great professional-grade finish on the exterior of their house, and this paint sprayer allows you to do this easily. The easy to clean spray tip included allows you to clear away any clogs or dirt in the paint sprayer and allow it to look and work like it’s brand new. For the price you pay with this model, you get a great quality paint sprayer that looks and works amazing! There’s nothing better than investing in a tool you know will work and give great results, and this model allows you to do this at a fraction of a professional price.
2. Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Paint Gun
Performance of a paint sprayer is essential especially when you’re decorating the exterior of your house, you want it to look perfect but also not be very expensive. The Graco Magnum 262800 X5 is definitely a model you can work with to produce the best possible results. It is lightweight and compact meaning you can get in those hard to reach areas without any problems and it even comes with a stand to keep the unit in place if you’re moving it around. Storage is a big problem in many homes but this model takes up hardly any space due to its compactness so it’s ideal if your house lacks storage space, but you still want to buy a paint sprayer. Since this model is for more semi-professionals, if you’re only a beginner you will need to build up your technique before using this model properly as you want to ensure the results are great. However, this model does tend to clog up thicker materials so if you’re planning on using a paint that is thicker than the usual, you might need to thin it down before putting it into the container. It is also better for outdoor use than indoors too which poses as a disadvantage if you’re wanting to complete a small indoor project.
3. VonHaus Electric HVLP Paint Sprayer – Best Value
If money is your concern when considering a new paint sprayer for your house exterior, then you can always consider the budget sprayers. They often have a bad reputation for being bad quality but with the VonHaus Electric HVLP, this is beyond untrue. This powerful 850-watt paint sprayer is ideal for big scale projects such as painting the exterior of your house and it has many different adjustments to the spray pattern to allow for more versatility. It’s lightweight, portable and works on a one-touch operation which means that even if you’re not any good with technology, you will be able to work this machine just fine. However, because it is a budget tool it, therefore, lacks the fast performance of other models and is only best done on exterior work rather than interior so if you’re planning on using it for other jobs other than your house exterior then you might want to look at other models instead. The spray for this model is also quite small so it takes a long time to do large areas in a short amount of time and this must be considered before you decide to buy it.
4. HomeRight Power Flo Pro 2800 Paint Gun
Being able to spray large areas and achieving a professional finish is essential when you’re painting the exterior of your house. The HomeRight Power Flo Pro 2800 works best with unthinned oil-based paints and latex as well as stains and sealers. It has a reversible tip which means it is easy to put together and that means more time for painting. Yet, the advantages of this model end there. It is overpriced for the quality of product and doesn’t feel or even look like it should be so expensive. It also lacks many basic qualities that its counterparts have such as an easy to clean mode (bear in mind it’s fairly difficult to even clean!) and multiple spray patterns to ensure for a professional-grade finish. It is only really ideal for beginners, but it is still hard to handle initially so users should be prepared to work hard in order to get the result they want, and sometimes they might not even then get it. Despite being a generally OK model, there are so many other versions out there that are available that are a lot better quality for the money.
5. Titan 580005 Paint-Sprayer
The good qualities of this model stop at the fact that it decreases overspray by 55% compared to other airless sprayers. If you’re wanting to waste your money on a model then the Titan 580005 will be the best model to opt for, it gets some of the worst customer reviews out of all paint sprayers and would not perform well when painting the exterior of your house. It is difficult to clean as there is no special addition to allow for easy cleaning, and the model seems to fall apart after a few uses so are definitely not ideal for anyone who plans on using it more than 3 or 4 times. Professionals and beginners often need different models that suit their needs and this is great, but the Titan 580005 doesn’t suit any needs. The maximum operating pressure is around 1500 PSI which is seemingly average for such an expensive product. It’s not worth the hassle of buying and being disappointed with this model so we would just suggest staying well away from it.
Things to Consider when Choosing:
It’s essential to know all the different options that are available to you before you purchase a paint sprayer for your house exterior. If you don’t know a lot about gadgets and tools then you might just want to buy the first, best-reviewed product but there is much more to purchasing a paint sprayer. You need to know everything, and every consideration makes a difference.
- The different spray nozzles available – each model will have various spray nozzles available to buy as part of a set or included with the paint sprayer. It is essential to know what is compatible with the model of paint sprayer you opt for as there is often a big difference with brands. Whilst you may need a big nozzle for your initial job of painting the exterior of your house, you may want to purchase another nozzle in the future that can paint an ornament.
- Airless or HVLP model – you will find a varied amount of both airless and HVLP models when you’re looking for a paint sprayer suitable to paint house exterior. HVLP stands for ‘high volume, low pressure’ which means that the air is pumped from a compressor and this then atomizes the paint. Whereas an airless sprayer doesn’t use any air at all and simply uses the paint and pressure to push it through the sprayer. Airless sprayers are normally seen as more powerful and we would definitely recommend an airless sprayer if you’re planning on painting a house exterior as they’re better to work with.
- Your painting area – if you’re painting the exterior of your house then it’s more than likely you will be painting a large surface area. Make sure your paint sprayer is able to do this amount of work as there are many models out there that couldn’t take the workload of such a big surface area.
Qualities of a Good Paint Sprayer
We thought it would be helpful to put together a list of the qualities you need to be looking out for when you’re purchasing a paint sprayer so that you know it will be good quality and worth your money.
- Good Reviews
- Professional Result
Tips for Buying your First Paint Sprayer
If it’s your first time buying a paint sprayer then you might be slightly overwhelmed with all the information we have given over the course of this article, there is a lot of information to retrieve. However, since there is so much to remember we thought we would put together some tips for all those first-time buyers so that even if you forget everything else we have said, you will remember these short but useful tips that will ensure you buy the perfect paint sprayer for you.
- Get a model with a lot of horsepower, this will ensure you get your job done with great results but in a speedy manner too. We don’t all have time to wait for paint to dry (literally!) so ensuring you buy a model that has a high amount of horsepower will allow the job to be done pretty fast but still look like a professional has done it.
- Start small and work your way to bigger projects, if you’re planning on painting the exterior of your house then you might want to get yourself a paint sprayer and start on a smaller project. This will allow you time to get used to the sprayer and know how to properly use it.
We hope that these reviews of Paint Sprayers for House Exterior and our buyer’s guide has given you more of an insight into what you should be buying and what you might want to stay away from. It is clear that our winner is the Graco Magnum 262805 X7 since it is everything a beginner or professional needs in their life. From it’s lightweight and practical design to its affordability and versatility in terms of painting in and outdoors. Hopefully, this article has narrowed down your choices and made the decision of what paint sprayer to buy a lot easier as we know it can be a difficult job sometimes.
- A Quick Glance at our 2020 Favorites
- The 5 Best Paint Sprayers for House Exterior
- Buyer’s Guide