24 Free DIY TV Stand Plans You Can Build Today
You can spend a lot of money buying the perfect entertainment stand, but there’s a huge advantage to building your own. You might think that it’s money, but—while you can save a lot of money—what we’re really talking about is the fact that you can tailor your television stand to match your interior decoration scheme.
We’ve found a wide range of television stand plans, from rustic to modern. Some come with cabinet storage underneath; others have bench-style stands. No matter what you’re looking for, we think you’ll find something that you’ll like here.
1. Reclaimed Wood and Black Pipe TV Stand Plan from What Rose Knows
This blocky bench-style reclaimed wood television stand from What Rose Knows doesn’t have a lot of storage to keep wires and other electronic clutter out of the way. But it does have a simple and well-colored plan that makes the television the center of everyone’s focus. You can use the shelf underneath for consoles and accessories, keepsakes, photos, and/or even potted plants.
2. Farmhouse Media Cabinet Plan by Build Something
This elegant farmhouse media cabinet from Build Something gives you a sturdy centerpiece to put your television on, with plenty of storage underneath for consoles and accessories. If a white frame doesn’t suit your taste, feel free to customize the color.
3. Sliding Door Console Plan from Ana White
Another entertainment center with lots of below storage, this console table from Ana White relies on sliding doors instead of ones that open out. There’s plenty of space underneath for you to keep unsightly wires from cluttering up your living room.
4. Barn Door TV Stand Plan by Shanty-2-Chic
This barn-door media console from Shanty-2-Chic is perfect for smaller televisions in guestrooms, children’s bedrooms, or even the kitchen. It’s got space for consoles and a storage area for accessories that you want to get out of the way when not in use. The plans include detailed instructions, plus pictures regarding where to apply your power tools.
5. Flat-screen TV Stand Plan from Remodelista
This super fun, fast, and easy easel stand for flat-screen TVs from Remodelista combines mobility and simplicity to let your screen be the focus instead of its surroundings. One thing we think you’ll really like is the wheels on the bottom. This mobility is truly helpful if your entertainment room gets a lot of glare.
6. Tall Corner Media Console Plan from Ana White
This tall stand built for a corner from Ana White is perfect for people who want to give their televisions a little altitude in their entertainment room. It’s got plenty of space below for consoles, and it has cabinet storage for accessories—or that odd collection of DVDs you’ve still got hanging around.
7. Reclaimed Wood Media Console Plan from My Love 2 Create
This one might be more fun to assemble than to use. Not only are there lots of drawers to build, but the materials are upcycled, which means that it’s all hands-on work. The plans from My Love 2 Create include a detailed list of the necessary hardware.
8. Corner TV Stand Plan by Mimi Berry Creations
If you’ve got a corner to put your television in, these plans from Mimi Berry Creations will help you get the right dimensions for your lumber so you can fit your television into whatever corner you need to put it into. This design calls for nice, thick wood in case you have an old-style television that has a lot of bulk to it.
9. DIY Windowframe TV Stand from Two Feet First
If you have some old window frames lying around your house or in the barn, these plans for a DIY television stand from Two Feet First might be a fun weekend project. On top of that, these will look great inside—a kind of throwback look for a modern entertainment set. There is space for your consoles and for accessories.
10. Reclaimed Pallet Wood and Cable Drum TV Stand from 1001 pallets
Cable drums are an underappreciated resource. Plentiful and cheap, you can make a variety of projects from them. If you’re looking for a TV stand, you can make a good one using a cable drum at 1001 Pallets. It also incorporates pallet wood, which makes this an ultimate DIY project.
11. DIY Apothecary TV stand Plan from Ashley Grenon
This simple apothecary-style TV stand comes with plenty of storage space underneath for consoles and other accessories. The plans at Ashley Grenon are actually borrowed from Ana White, but the place we pulled them from has a couple of nice little twists and easier-to-follow explanations.
12. DIY Pallet TV Stand by Preparing for Peanut
This is a simple design for a TV stand from Preparing for Peanut that lets your screen stand out. Because the materials are all upcycled, they are also dirt cheap. The genius thing about this is that it relies on the common pallet to give it a whiff of intentional design.
13. Corner TV Stand Plan from Rogue Engineer
This corner TV stand from Rogue Engineer lets you fill a corner while also giving your stand a little bit of depth. Additionally, you’ll find some storage space on the shelves underneath your TV.
14. DIY Rustic TV Stand Console Plan from Ana White
One thing about this console from Ana White is that its uses aren’t limited to just a TV stand. You can also use it as a regular furniture piece that blends in with your living room, bedroom, or dining room set. Fortunately, it’s not as complicated to build as it looks.
15. DIY X-Leg TV Stand Plan from Homemade from Carmona
There is nothing complicated about this TV stand from Homemade from Carmona. It’s just a basic, simple stand with only an “X” to make it stand out. The one thing it has going for it is its simplicity. It’s not going to overshadow anything you put with it. This piece will give your TV a little altitude with a shelf for a bit of storage.
16. Pallet TV Stand from Cahill’s Creation
There are more inventive pallet wood creations than this TV stand from Cahill’s Creation, but sometimes you just need something basic and simple. This one doesn’t require a lot of special skills or materials to make, but with a little stain and a little work you can get something that looks like it took a lot more time.
17. DIY TV Stand from The Family Handyman
If you’re on the hunt for a basic TV stand that looks like you might have put some money toward buying it, this DIY TV stand from The Family Handyman is a good one. Though it requires a little shaping and building of some drawers, it winds up looking a little more refined than your typical DIY job.
18. DIY TV Stand Plan from Dowelmax
This DIY TV stand from Dowelmax doesn’t have a DIY look to it. It looks like something you may have bought from a furniture store. You might ask why you’re building something that looks like a ready-to-go purchase. The answer is in the savings. As in, lots of dough.
19. DIY TV Stand from Homeedit
The DIY TV Stand by Homedit is easy to create and takes very few parts. It may not be as attractive as some of the other projects on this list, but it does what it’s supposed to, and most people can be using it the same day they decide to build it. It only requires a few boards and some galvanized metal pipes.
20. X-Leg TV Stand from Build Something
The X-Leg TV Stand is an easy build brought to us by Build Something .it doesn’t take long and results in an attractive and durable stand. There are no shelves, but there is plenty of storage space below the TV.
21. Bench Style Nine Red TV Stand from Nine Red
This bench-style DIY TV stand is an easy to build stand given to us by Nine Red. This stand looks like a high-back bench, but with some space below for your media and other components. It’s an attractive build that doesn’t require much skill and hides the back of the TV.
22. Grandy Barn Door Console from Ana White
The Grandy Barn Door Console by Ana White is a moderately difficult YV stand that has a lot of parts but doesn’t require a lot of tools or skill. The old-style hardware that it uses can be expensive, but it’s been coming down in price over the last few years. Patience is the key to completing this build, and when you finished, you’ll have plenty of space for the TV and other items as well.
23. Easy To Build TV Stand from Build Something
The Easy To Build TV Stand is brought to us by the fine people at Build Something, but despite its name, it’s more of a moderately hard build. It can be built by a beginner, but there are a lot of steps and a lot of cuts, and it may take several days to complete.
24. Apothecary TV Stand from Ana White
The Apothecary TV stand is an advanced build by Ana White. It is a large stand with several drawers as well as three open spaces for video players and gaming consoles.
- 1. Reclaimed Wood and Black Pipe TV Stand Plan from What Rose Knows
- 2. Farmhouse Media Cabinet Plan by Build Something
- 3. Sliding Door Console Plan from Ana White
- 4. Barn Door TV Stand Plan by Shanty-2-Chic
- 5. Flat-screen TV Stand Plan from Remodelista
- 6. Tall Corner Media Console Plan from Ana White
- 7. Reclaimed Wood Media Console Plan from My Love 2 Create
- 8. Corner TV Stand Plan by Mimi Berry Creations
- 9. DIY Windowframe TV Stand from Two Feet First
- 10. Reclaimed Pallet Wood and Cable Drum TV Stand from 1001 pallets
- 11. DIY Apothecary TV stand Plan from Ashley Grenon
- 12. DIY Pallet TV Stand by Preparing for Peanut
- 13. Corner TV Stand Plan from Rogue Engineer
- 14. DIY Rustic TV Stand Console Plan from Ana White
- 15. DIY X-Leg TV Stand Plan from Homemade from Carmona
- 16. Pallet TV Stand from Cahill’s Creation
- 17. DIY TV Stand from The Family Handyman
- 18. DIY TV Stand Plan from Dowelmax
- 19. DIY TV Stand from Homeedit
- 20. X-Leg TV Stand from Build Something
- 21. Bench Style Nine Red TV Stand from Nine Red
- 22. Grandy Barn Door Console from Ana White
- 23. Easy To Build TV Stand from Build Something
- 24. Apothecary TV Stand from Ana White